Sponsored Student Office
The Sponsored Student Office processes external scholarships and assistance payments from outside organizations desiring to sponsor a student at Mississippi State University.
Sponsor payments are called 3rd party sponsorships and they are subject to the same federal reporting requirements as other financial aid. balance not covered by their sponsorship.
- Local or hometown clubs, church groups, high school, etc. (Garden Clubs, Kiwanis Club, Pageants)
- National Merit
- Kelly Cook
Prepaid College Plans
- Mississippi Prepaid Affordable College Savings Plan (MPACT)
- Other State PACT Plans
- Air Force
- Coast Guard
- National Guard
- U.S. Army Corp of Engineers
- Air Force ROTC
- Army ROTC
The application process for these benefits begins with our Center for America's Veterans. We work together to ensure that benefits are posted to the student account.
For those that have TA forms, a copy must be provided to the Sponsored Student Office to allow for invoicing.
- The student’s Vocational Rehabilitation counselor must provide an authorization to the Sponsored Student Office to allow for posting a conditional credit to the student account and invoicing. Conditional credits will be reflected on the student’s account as a pending/anticipated payment for up to 60 days. Students are ultimately responsible for any remaining balance not covered by their sponsorship.
3rd Party Sponsorship
- A 3rd party sponsor is a person or group not related to a student who pays educational expenses on behalf of a student when invoiced by the university. Mississippi State University accepts 3rd party sponsorship as a form of payment for tuition and fees invoiced through the Sponsored Student Office. Conditional credits will be reflected on the student’s account as a pending/anticipated payments for up to 60 days. Students are ultimately responsible for any remaining
Conditional Credit as a Pending/Anticipated Payment
- Upon approval by the University of the 3rd party agreement, a conditional credit will be applied to the student’s account for the term(s) specified in the agreement.
- The 3rd party organization will be invoiced within 30 days of the beginning of the academic term for which the student is enrolled. Students who are not receiving full payment of all account charges must pay their portion by the normally scheduled bill due date in order to secure their schedule. Students who have not paid their portion are subject to schedule cancellation.
- Students under 3rd party agreements whose organizations fail to pay the authorized charges within 60 days of the bill due date will be subject to immediate reversal of their conditional credit and will be responsible for payment of any balance due.
Excluded from 3rd Party Billing
- Employer tuition reimbursement
- 529 plans
- Trust fund payments
- Scholarships awarded by Mississippi State University
It is the policy of the University to protect our students’ right to confidentiality under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). Sponsors must obtain information regarding grades, transcripts, or other specific information directly from the student.
PO Box 5328
153 Garner Hall
88 Garner Circle, Barr Avenue
Mississippi State University
Mississippi State, MS 39762