There are several options available when making a payment to your student account.
eChecks are MSU's preferred payment method and are accepted online with no service fee. eChecks are a fast and simple payment method that can be made from regular U.S. checking and savings accounts. You will need your bank's routing number and your account number, which is available on the bottom of your check or from your financial institution.
Credit and Debit Cards:
MSU has arranged for a third-party processor to accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express payments online through QuikPAY. The processor charges a 2.8% service fee for credit and debit card payments. Tuition and student account credit and debit card payments are only accepted online and are not accepted by mail, over the phone or in person.
To Pay Online (Student):
- Student should log in to their MSU myState portal and locate the Account Info section or Personal Info section in the Banner tab.
- Select: “View and Pay Your Account (may need to allow pop-ups)” - - - Student will then be redirected to the MSU QuikPAY® payment screen with the MSSTATE logo
- Select "Make Payment" and input payment amount. Select Payment Type (credit card or e-check). Student/Payer can save a profile of their credit card and e-check information for future use if they want to. This is not mandatory, but convenient when using the same credit card or bank account to make future payments.
To Pay Online (Authorized Payer):
- Go to Authorized Payer Login
- Select "Make a Payment" and input payment amount.
- Select Payment Type (credit card or e-check).
- Authorized Payers can save a profile of their credit card and e-check information for future use if they want to. This is not mandatory, but convenient when using the same credit card or bank account to make future payments.
Personal checks, cashier's checks, money orders, and cash payments only are accepted in-person at Garner Hall.
Mail check, cashier's check or money order (no cash) payments to:
MSU Accounts Services
PO Box 5328
Mississippi State, MS 39762
Make checks payable to Mississippi State University and include your MSU ID. Mail checks at least one week prior to the applicable due date to ensure timely receipt.