Forms 1099, 1098-T, W-2, and Other Reporting

These tax forms are handled by the departments most closely associated with their content. In accordance with IRS guidelines, they are mailed on or before January 31st of each year.

For questions regarding a 1099 form you received from the University, please contact the Accounts Payable at 662-325-2550.

For questions regarding a 1099-R form you received from the University, please contact the Human Resources Management System at 662-325-3713.

If you are a University Department which received a 1099-MISC form from outside of the University, please send it via campus mail to the Tax Compliance Officer, Controller and Treasurer’s Office – 245 Barr Avenue, Mail Stop 9602.

1098-T Forms are handled by Account Services at 662-325-2071. They have developed a very informative FAQ list.

W-2 forms: If you have questions regarding your W-2, please consult the Payroll Department directly at 662-325-2753.

Contact Information

PO Box 5227
426 McArthur Hall;
245 Barr Avenue
Mississippi State University
Mississippi State, MS 39762

Mailstop: 9602

Phone: 662-325-1751
Fax: 662-325-8394